Antioxidants your body needs
The buzz in the health world is antioxidants, which perform a vital function of our body by protecting cells from the damage caused by unstable molecules known as free radicals. Free radical damage may lead to cancer. Although these antioxidants are present in your body cells, you may still need them from the artificial sources. While many people take antioxidants in the form of supplements, there are a good number of natural foods that possess cell-saving antioxidants. Examples include the following:
● Caretonoid is an antioxidant that is found in carrots, apricots and all major citrus fruits.
● Beta-carotene is one popular natural antioxidant and is present in a variety of natural food products.
● There are two or three major vitamin groups such as vitamin A, C and E that contain antioxidants in plenty. They are also found abundantly in various natural products such as green vegetables and fruits.
● Cocoa power also offers you antioxidant and unprocessed chocolate too possess great antioxidant property.
● Whole grains and various types of beans and nuts.
● Papaya and strawberries also happen to be rich in antioxidants.
● Vegetables like cabbage and cauliflower.
In addition to these antioxidants, certain food products including vegetables and fruits possess flavonoids, another popular natural cell protector. Also, polyphenol antioxidants are present in green tea, and the antioxidants present in tomatoes are called lycopene.
All natural products containing Vitamin A and E also offer effective antioxidants.
By Javier Fuller